TRUST LITIGATION ATTORNEY
Who We Are
Rehmani & Associates is a firm that specializes in Estate and Trust administration in our Tustin, CA office. We focus on providing boutique like service to our clients that larger firms are unable to provide.
Who You Are
An attorney who is knowledgeable within the field of Trust Litigation but also interested in learning other facets of the law.
A self-motivated, independent individual with the drive and capability to work autonomously at a firm that does not micro-manage its employees.
An experienced attorney who can step into the role and take on clients with minimal direction and instruction.
A problem solver looking to find solutions for clients unique situations. You are an innovative thinker who attempts different angles to approach and solve matters.
Communication is key – you are responsive and respectful to both clients and staff members. You are a strong communicator in a fast-paced environment.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE ADMITTED TO THE STATE BAR OF CALIFORNIA
PAY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
Must have 3+ years of experience handling Probate, Trust Litigation and Conservatorship matters.
Additional experience in any of the following is a plus: Civil Litigation, and Financial Elder Abuse.
The ideal person needs to be able to takeover litigation files and proactively handle with little oversight. You can expect to make court appearances, hold depositions, and be responsible for discovery. Strong writing skills are required.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Licensed to practice law in the State of California
- Trial Experience and/or deposition experience is a plus
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred but NOT required
- Licensed to drive in California or otherwise has a reliable means of transportation to travel to court, meetings, and outreach events
- Ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with those who may have educational, language, cognitive impairments or other barriers to understanding
- Willingness to learn and continue practicing this field of law
- Ability to track and bill time spent on a legal task
- Strong Computer Skills is a must with a minimum 45wpm
- Notary Public is a plus
- Ability to work independently and be proactive regarding court and client deadlines.
- Knowledge of and preparation of fiduciary accountings a plus
- Ability to work, with and delegate work to paralegals and staff
- Assist with Probate, Estate Planning, Conservatorship and Trust Administration
- Work closely with firm members and clients (in writing, in person and by telephone) to ascertain and modify client goals, collect evidence, answer questions about law, facts, procedures and case status;
- Interviewing prospective clients; rendering legal advice; preparation of legal documents; developing a caseload
- Guide clients through probate, trust and conservatorship administration and litigation matters;
- Conduct legal research and develop strategies;
- Draft discovery, client letters, opinion letters, demand letters, settlement proposals, petitions, declarations, motions, and settlement and trial briefs;
- Attend depositions with senior and principal attorneys initially. Eventually Conduct and defend depositions (of parties, third party witnesses and experts);
- Propound and respond to form and special interrogatories, requests for documents, and requests for admission;
- Subpoena records from third parties and witnesses to appear at trial;
- Summarize discovery;
- Make court appearances;
- Preparation of Law and Motion Court Filings
- Legal research and analysis on Westlaw/Lexis
- Participate in settlement conferences, advising clients on the strengths and weaknesses of their cases, and analyzing probable outcomes;
- Silver level Health insurance (paid by the firm) with option to upgrade to Gold plan (employee pays difference)
- Vision insurance paid by firm
- Dental insurance paid by firm
- 401k with up to 4% match
- 3 sick leave days a year
- Up to 10 days PTO
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Annual Bonus Program
- State Bar Dues Paid
Ready to Apply?