Suzanne M. Rehmani has more than twenty years of experience practicing law including litigating cases and has also handled numerous cases at the appellate level. She has an LLM in Taxation and is a licensed CA real estate broker and notary. She has extensive experience in numerous areas of transactional business and corporate law as well as basic and complex estate planning, including wills, trusts, probate, trust and estate administration matters, life insurance trusts, family limited partnerships, elder law, guardianships and conservatorships and the planning and advising on buy-outs and succession of small and family-owned businesses. She also counsels clients on business entity formation and tax-related issues, including corporations, limited liability companies, general and limited partnerships, business entity planning, real estate transactions, secured transactions, property ownership planning agreements and transactional agreements, including buy/sell agreements and securities issuances.
She also has extensive experience in helping individuals structure their business entities correctly, and in counseling business owners on the operational requirements, to be able to qualify for the appropriate government certification contracting programs for minority, women and veteran owned small businesses.
She specializes in commercial litigation, with an emphasis on business, real estate, trust, probate and general civil litigation. Her general civil litigation practice includes the representation of corporate clients in high-stakes commercial and contract disputes as well as securities fraud, employer defense and intellectual property disputes in federal court. Clients have included hotels, supermarkets, software companies, retailers, start-ups, private equity firms, developers, franchises and commercial landlords and tenants.
Ms. Rehmani was previously a partner with Kring & Chung, LLP, Irvine, CA which she joined in 1999. She has been an attorney since 1992, practicing in the areas of civil litigation, business, corporate, transactional, entity formation, employment, estate planning and probate. Ms. Rehmani has an LLM in Taxation from Chapman University School of Law. Ms. Rehmani was a journalism major at the University of Colorado at Boulder and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications with an emphasis in Advertising and Marketing from California State University, Fullerton. Ms. Rehmani earned her Juris Doctorate degree from Western State University College of Law in 1992.
• California, 1992
• U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1993
• Chapman University School of Law, Orange, California, 2005
• Western State University College of Law, Fullerton, California, 1992
J. D. Law
Honors: Moot Court
Honors: Winning a Best Oral Advocacy Award
Honors: Oral Advocacy Director for Moot Court
• University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, 1985
• California State University, Fullerton, California, 1988
B. A. Communications
• Dynasty Trusts, West Coast Magazine, August, 2003
• What Is A 529 Plan And How Can It Help Me Save For My Children’s College Education, West Coast Magazine and Inland Empire Business Journal, October, 2003
• Life Insurance Benefits May Be Subject To Taxes, West Coast Magazine, September, 2003
• How The New Tax Laws Can Help You In 2004, Orange County Business Journal, February, 2004
• How Should a Married Couple Hold Title to Property?, West Coast Magazine, November, 2004
• Women and Estate Planning, West Coast Magazine, November, 2003
• Legal Issues for Start Up Businesses, Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE), 2004 – Present
• Estate Planning for Your Business, Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE), 2004 – Present
• Employment Law and Your Business, Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE), 2004 – Present
• Should You Incorporate?, 2003 Orange Coast College Small Business Conference and Exposition, 2003 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships:
• Orange County Bar Association
• Orange County Bar Association, Estates and Trust Division
• California Bar Association, Trusts Division
• Department of Real Estate